Saturday, February 5, 2011

Gone Are The Days


Gone are the days when the only “hero” in our life was our dad…
Gone are the days when “hurting’ meant hurting knees and NOT heart!
Gone are the days when saying “See You” meant seeing your classmates tomorrow morning and NOT waiting for the entire life to get their one glimpse”

Don’t know why I am remembering the time spent in my school so much these days. The kind of moments I shared with some of my best buddies were truly the most innocent days of my life, in fact in everyone’s life.
May be the monotonous behavior and lifestyle and the cold shoulders even amongst so-called best mates is allowing us to remember the innocent times of the past, times which would NEVER come back ever again!




 School days- What can be said about them? To add cherry on the cake in my memories, I received a text messages on my mobile yesterday night. It said…

God TO Human: I will grant you ONE wish!
Human: Okay Give back my school days!
God: I said I will grant “WISH” not “HEAVEN”

I guess this message perfectly defines the state of mind presently I am in. The fake world around me, fake people surrounding me who display a certain personality in front and change into a different soul behind my back is something which is NOT accepted at all! But can’t help! This is life! Probably that’s why I am remembering the innocence that the good old days were filled with, an innocence which is completely outshone by today’s earthly minded and mundane world.
School life was bliss!!! And yes, writing this statement, I feel that life has truly changed!!! The memories of my school life still sprout on me … Remember those unlimited stoppages at libraries to surf different books and making notes? But now the world is just a click away, thanks to our best friend – Internet!(Though I havent been to the library even once in my school days).. And what about those never-ending evening hours which we used to get after coming back from our school, dropping the bag carelessly on the bed – hours which were spent in calling friends from their homes and playing street games? Now one hardly remembers when was the last time we actually had a long chat with one of our closest friends! Some even don’t want to remember their names!!! Why should I call him, what would he think if I text him? Is it the right time to send a message to him! Questions are endless! Now we are hesitating in talking to that buddy with whom we used to share some of the deepest secrets of our life, whispering things in his ears and giving him swears NOT to disclose it to the other mate!

This reminds me of another instance!!! See how quickly I am writing! That’s because my mind is running faster than my fingers!!! Writing letters to long distance friends and relatives was like a habit. Now this has been substituted by small text messages saying “Hi How Are You” “Hope Things Are All Well at Your End”! That’s it!
After experiencing so much change, I sometimes wonder where we are heading towards now!!! Perhaps, we are heading towards a super fast-paced life, precisely a life ahead of the Internet!

6 comments:

  1. wow..its simply gr8..enjoyed a lot..:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Revived back the memories of my school days..

    ReplyDelete
  3. U write so well..i'm amazed re..looking forward for some more interesting topics..

    ReplyDelete