Thursday, September 23, 2010

Love Is Not Taken For Granted

Sigh.

I am beginning this with a sigh. A sigh because I’m exhausted and haven’t slept for hours. A sigh because I am disappointed. A sigh because life has once again taken a very unexpected turn. A sigh because sometimes I don’t know what else to say or do. Just for clarity’s sake, and I’m not going to go into details here, but I will say it involves a
broken heart
– namely mine.

Oh life, why do you kick me in the head so often? Better question, why do I let myself get kicked?

I think I can answer that one: because without love, on multiple levels, what is life about?


Love hurts. My heart is breaking into a million pieces. I feel both stronger than I have ever been and weaker than I’ve ever felt all at the same time. I feel like up is down and down is up and somewhere in the middle is a balance that I am just yearning for. For the first time in my life I’ve become an insomniac with no appetite.

But I’m alive.

We take risks. We love. We lose. We hurt. We learn. We find joy. We find sorrow.And atlast what we get??a broken heart lying deep inside our body prevailing all over our mind..all the time...!why..i am asking to the god..why??????????????

So what I have learned is that you can only meet people where they are, take them for who they are, choose to love them (or not) as they are and remember to remain true to yourself and your journey and love yourself. That’s all you can do. Nothing more, nothing less.

And you learn. And then keeping moving forward.

I think I have forgotten who I am and how strong I am. I think for so long I’ve let myself be defined by what I’m not that I’ve forgotten who I already am.

So now what? Who do I want to be? What do I want my life to look like? What is happy for me?


I want to forgive myself, love myself and move on. I want out of the basement. I want to stop feeling like I need someone else to love me to feel good. For once I want to learn to love myself; as I am now, with extra weight and a broken heart and a million other imperfections.

A friend of mine posted a wonderful quote on Facebook the other day. My favorite part was: “never regret anything that made you smile.”

I have no regrets.

I did what I did with truth and love in my heart.

So today, it’s time to move forward again. I am still a little shaky, still a little sad but confident that I am worth so much more than I’ve ever given myself credit for.

And I will survive. No, I will do more than survive, I will flourish and grow and change. Why not? Why can’t I be what I want to be? The answer is I don’t know why not – there is NO reason that I can’t do or be what I want to be.

So here’s to a new day, hopefully a good night of sleep and moving forward in so many ways.

Life really is beautiful.

Signing off..
.....!Amiya a.k.a. Amit.....!

1 comment:

  1. hey..its really wonderful..i had nvr imagined dat u write so beautifully...my eyes got filled wid tears...lyf is so unpredictable...

    ReplyDelete